Trade Surveillance Analyst
Trade Surveillance Analyst
6 MONTH CONTRACT
Our high profile Banking client currently has an opportunity for a Trade Surveillance Analyst to work in their offices based in London.
The company's Markets Global Surveillance Program is looking to hire a full time surveillance analyst to monitor, investigate and escalate alerts to supervisors and compliance. The analyst will also assist in the agile implementation of an integrated, component-based surveillance and supervision framework.
The surveillance analyst will be based in the Company's London office and will have a direct reporting to the Markets EMEA Surveillance SME.
The surveillance analyst will liaise between sales and trading staff, supervisors, compliance and quant developers that will support the surveillance framework.
- Conduct working groups to parameterize alerts and define escalation workflows with supervisors and compliance
- Co-ordinate with on-site developers and business analysts to implement any code additions / changes, e.g. reporting, adjustment of alert parameters to reduce false positives.
- Assist the supervision team in aligning the supervision framework to the surveillance database development
- Perform daily monitoring and investigation of trade surveillance alerts using a visualization tool.
- Promptly escalate and communicate as appropriate, alerts that require supervisor and / or compliance review.
- Maintain and monitor a database of remedial actions / recommendations arising from trade surveillance.
- Assist in the development of a surveillance operating model by providing recommendations for escalations and workflow on an alerts basis.
- Package and present management information for periodic review by the Surveillance Governance Committee.
- Analyse and report on trends seen in the daily process to senior supervisors, the Surveillance Governance Committee and compliance management.
- Where necessary, plan and implement new surveillance programs or expansions into other lines of business.
- As required, enhance the trade surveillance processes to achieve higher efficiency (e.g. reduction in false positives) while not reducing quality.
- Actively participate in investigations into incidents arising as required.
- Assist compliance in regulatory, internal or client requests.
- Compliance trade surveillance role / front office trading role / front office supervisor role.
- Experience in both trade and communications surveillance
- Knowledge of Equities and Fixed Income and preferably either Derivatives and/or FX
- Experience using Bloomberg BTCA is preferred
- Familiarity with global regulation and industry best practices aimed at mitigating market manipulation and employee
Database skills would be great- Excel spreadsheet good data skills would be good Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.