FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
£Competitive + benefits
Orchard at the Heart of the Community
Orchard Care Homes has been running and managing care homes across the UK for over a decade. Our mission: To be the positive choice for residents, their families and friends, healthcare professionals and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Orchard is a leading adult and nursing care provider in the UK with outstanding success rate amongst its competitors. This is a highly commercial and fast paced organisation and as such we need a dynamic individual who can work with company management to help make upper level management decisions using financial information to inform business strategy.
• Taking the lead on processing period end accounts including month end, quarter end and year end.
• Statutory reporting and consolidation.
• Completion of VAT and other regulatory returns.
• Group reporting and consolidation.
• Capital reporting.
• Completion of working capital and cash flow forecasting and reporting.
• Support site in completion of accurate forecasting and budgeting at detailed reporting line level.
• Looking at current processes, procedures and systems, recommending and documenting any improvements and/or enhancements that can be implemented.
• Maintain the financial health of the organisation.
• Assist the Financial Controller with presentations to the board.
• Communicating financial information to non-financial managers.
• Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help with financial decisions.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
• Assist with year-end audits.
What you’ll need
To be successful at Orchard you will need a working knowledge of accounting terms and concepts; understanding of finance regulations and legislation; knowledge of business strategy and methodology; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; organisational skills; strong attention to detail and strategic thinking plus suitable experience and/or related qualifications.
• ACA / ACCA qualified.
• Ideally from a practice background.
• Big 4 or Top 10 trained, candidates for smaller firms possibly considered if they have an outstanding academic background.
• Degree level educated - 2.1 or above preferred.
• Experience of relevant financial operating systems essential with Sage 200 and SAPA experience particularly advantageous.
• Advanced Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivots)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment.
What we offer in return
By choosing Orchard Care Homes you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes located across the United Kingdom. We are driven to provide the very best standards of care and quality within our homes, and to recruit the very best professionals to our company. As such we offer a competitive salary and range of benefits.