Management Accountant, Harrogate
This role is a with highly commercial and fast-paced organisation based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant is responsible for working with company management to help them make upper level management decisions. You will help management use financial information to inform business strategy and will relay information from accounting department to management team.
- Prepare profit & Loss Accounts, budgets, cash flow and variance analysis
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Assist the Financial Controller with presentations to the board
- Analyse Financial performance and contribute to long term business planning and forecasting
- Communicating financial information to non-financial managers
- Support operations to complete accurate forecasting and budgeting at detailed reporting line level
- Provide a support service by working with all departments to help with financial decisions
- Looking at current processes, procedures and systems, recommending any improvements to be made
- Looking at the current systems and again recommending and documenting any enhancements
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Assist with year-end audits including help with transition to new UK GAAP
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or part/qualified accountant
- Ideally from a practice background with industry experience
- Degree level educated - 2.1 or above preferred
- Experience of relevant financial operating systems essential, especially Sage 200
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivots)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Salary £30-35k depending on experience.