The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the maintaining the accounts payable and accounts receivable, credit control duties, daily bank and cash reconciliations and month/year end accounts. The successful applicant should possess drive, commitment and desire improve themselves and the business.
My client is a well known sports team based in London.
The key responsibilities of this Accounts Assistant position will be:
- Maintain, prepare and post customer invoices and credit/debit memos
- Reconcile payments received with issued invoices, bank and general ledger. Prepare supplier statements as required.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments
- Ensure all account balances are paid and debts are resolved in a timely manner
- Monthly accounts receivable control account reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly bad debt provision for review by the Management Accountant.
- Review and issue of monthly purchase orders to the business.
- Validate all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior to payment.
- Oversee 3-way match between purchase orders, delivery notes and invoices.
- Input and upload vendor payment batches and management of fortnightly payment runs.
- Preparation of monthly GRNI accrual for review by the management accountant.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations for the largest supplier accounts.
- Monthly accounts payable control account reconciliation.
Cash & Bank
- Manage the daily cash reporting process ensuring that all bank accounts are reported in an accurate and timely manner and that reconciling items are followed up and resolved.
- Reconcile the daily cash, card and cheque takings and bankings for the business.
- Rolling Petty cash reconciliations.
General Ledger & Month End
- Assist with month-end close processes and timetable, preparing and posting journal entries and providing appropriate level review, analyses and reconciliations including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, other creditors, other debtors, stocks, fixed assets and intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end financial and other audits, preparing and maintaining supporting schedules and disclosures.
- Willing to support other subsidiary and group companies with their accounting processes and reporting as required.
The successful applicant for this Accounts Assistant position will display the following:
- Studying towards an Accountancy qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum of one year experience working in a finance function
- Experience in reconciling cash and bank accounts
- Communication skills for interaction with stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Sage is desirable
- Ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously
This role offers long term career progression and the chance to enter the sports industry. For any aspiring accountant, this would be a brilliant opportunity to establish yourself within a growing business.