Trainee Planning Engineer
Our Trainee Planning Engineer role:
As a Trainee Planning Engineer for us here at Excalon, you will be expected to assist with the planning and programming of large electrical and civil engineering projects in consultation with Project Managers.
- Develop construction baseline project plans in collaboration with the Project Delivery Team
- Ensure accurate and timely planning, effective measurement and progress
- Update project plans for our major projects tracking progress and changes, reporting key dates, milestones and critical path analysis
- Assist with programmes of work by monitoring, tracking and maintaining the overall programme of work with the contract manager to allocate resources
- Compile CDM files, update quality plans and finalise H&S plans
- Attend project update meetings and visit sites as required
- Update whereabouts sheet and maintain with master programme
- Assist bid team with tenders including attendance of meetings
- Provide support and assistance for the wider major projects team
As this is a trainee position, you will develop over time to attend sites to gain a greater understanding of the projects and to widen your skills and knowledge.
- IT literate (Excel, Word etc)
- Proficient in the use of MS Project or equivalent software
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Minimum GCSE passes in Maths and English
- Fantastic communicator (both written and verbal)
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Problem solver
- Lateral thinker
It would be beneficial if you have:
- A background or basic understanding of civils construction or related industry with previous site based experience
Who are we?
Excalon is a leading infrastructure contractor specialising in the provision of services to the utilities industry. This is an exciting time to join our business. Excalon is growing in size and success and boasts a productive culture which encourages fresh thinking and new ideas. The position offers excellent opportunities for personal development and future career progression and this is combined with a competitive salary.
If you wish to be considered for our Planning Engineer opportunity click 'apply’. You must be eligible to work in the UK.