We’re keen to talk to anyone with roughly 6 -18 months experience within a finance function who would be excited to take on an opportunity with one of our clients in their central tax team. The role is responsible for supporting the Tax Team by preparing returns for Corporation Tax, Income Tax & VAT. This will include preparation of the CT Returns for the Bank, PSA Returns, Intra-stat Returns, and arranging Tax payments to be made.
The job holder is responsible for ensuring and monitoring that adequate controls are in place to prevent and reduce all risks relating to tax as well as providing accurate and timely information in relation to tax matters.
- Assist in the Preparation of the Annual Corporation Tax Returns for UK and Irish entities.
- Prepare the monthly Intrastat returns and EC sales lists.
- Prepare the Annual PSA returns.
- Prepare the Quarterly VAT BDR Calculations
- Ensure that tax payments are made accurately and on time to the relevant tax authorities as required.
- Respond to tax related queries from internal or external stakeholders on a timely basis and in a practical/ commercial way e.g. tax advisory to business on a new product or queries from HMRC.
- Provide support to the finance function during reporting periods such as the year end including preparation of detailed taxation calculations.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place including those required by the Senior Accounting Officer regulations and keeping documentation and risk registers up to date.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- Degree educated 2:1 or Higher
- Must have started or have strong desire to start professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong excel skills with the ability to manage and manipulate large volumes of data
- Excellent attention to detail, continuously striving for accuracy in output
- Ability to communicate well in a professional manner in both verbal & written communications
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines whilst delivering high quality work
- Experience in financial services
- Experience in software tools such as SAP or ALFA.
- Experience in indirect taxes
- Good commercial awareness