Category Manager Indirects
An iconic British food retailer has implemented a huge change agenda to rebuild their brand and a newly formed indirect procurement team are at the forefront of driving this change. If you are motivated to be part of a greenfield procurement function, where you work alongside amazing people in a fast paced environment, and a seriously complex business- it's all here, as well as real opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
I am looking for a well-rounded, generalist Indirect Category Manager who can make a real impact by understanding beyond strategic sourcing and ideally who comes with experience in the Food Retail or FMCG environment. With an innovative mind and the vision to make plans over a three-year period, you must have proven ability to optimise savings and deliver long-term value. As driven and passionate about value as the wider company, you'll be a great communicator and negotiator who can help your colleagues get the best from their supplier partners.
- Create and deliver negotiation strategies for key projects
- Manage spend typically between £25m - £50m
- Lead cross-functional teams through complex financial management and spend analysis
- Apply key commercial and legal principles when drafting and negotiating contracts
- Optimise savings and value delivery through high level of innovation and continuous improvement
The ideal candidate must have:
- 5 years Procurement experience gained in a large and complex organisation, preferably FMCG or Retail
- Experience of implementing best practice category management tools and techniques
- Indirect category experience, ideally in Logistics or Marketing
- Ideally a commercial or technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to Senior and Director level
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further and think your experience is relevant to the role, please don't hesitate to get in contact directly. Email a copy of your CV to or call the office directly on +.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.