Through building strong relationships, managing category leads and creating long term strategy, this role will be manage a significant spend and have exposure to major stakeholders. The role will require an outstanding individual to lead and develop suppliers, administer long term supply agreements for the assigned commodity areas and drive down total acquisition costs.
My client are are a leading global manufacturing company within the aerospace industry. They have a number of key products that are globally well known and are both an innovative and effective.
They use their vast knowledge to build key relationships with clients and develop their brand through a number of key channels, taking a large share of the market.
The Key Responsibilities of the role;
Managing the end to end purchasing of all commodities with the associated supplier base.
- Develop key supplier relationships and identifying new suppliers.
- Negotiating on major purchases
- Managing and driving down total acquisition costs
- Effective stakeholder management, manage strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Will possess significant strategic procurement experience, ideally within a technical environment.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to the function as well as contributing at the operational level
- Knowledge and experience using modern ERP / MRP systems.
- Excellent supplier relationship and negotiating skills.
- Be able to manage and motivate suppliers.
- Professional qualification in Purchasing (such as CIPS) or a relevant business degree.
- The chance to lead and implement key decisions for purchasing within the company.
- Excellent package and opportunity to progress within the company.