Cyber Security Specialist - Perm, Up to £38k
This role will be a technical and strategic role and will offer you the scope to make changes and devise a cyber strategy along with relevant members.
- Provide proactive, practical and commercial advice and guidance to the clients on its operational activities, customer propositions etc., ensuring all systems and processes are compliant with the relevant regulatory requirements. Specifically, ensure that 'Privacy and Security by Design' principles are embedded into all engagements at design and change phases.
- Act as the Project owner for Cyber Security, Data Protection and Operational Risk, providing oversight, direction and advice.
- Developing information protection strategies to manage the risk associated with data loss. Data loss prevention, behaviour change and education.
- Produce written reports highlighting Cyber Security risks and recommending areas of improvement internally and externally.
- Responsible for Cyber Assurance, Information Governance and Data Protection to ensure alignment with strategic goals, processes and approach.
- Recognise areas of improvement and work proactively with respective teams to align with security and corporate goals.
- Raise awareness and profile of Information Assurance across the business at all levels.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant certifications are desirable but not essential (CISSP, CISM, SIEM or OWASP etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience working in Cyber Security
- Good understanding of Business Continuity practices
- Experienced in working and communicating with Staff at all levels
- Experience in Data Protection and GDPR.
- Experience in IT Governance
- Some experience in IT audit
- Familiarity with ISO27001
- Degree/Master Degree in information security, information technology or related discipline (desirable)
Premier are acting as an employment agency