Software Development Manager
Diligent is the leading provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives. Over 4,700 clients in more than 70 countries and on all seven continents rely on Diligent to provide secure, intuitive access to their most time-sensitive and confidential information, ultimately helping them make better decisions. The Diligent Boards (formerly Diligent Boardbooks) solution speeds and simplifies how board materials are produced, delivered and collaborated on via any device, removing the security concerns of doing this by courier, email and file sharing.
As one brand of the Diligent Corporation, Blueprint OneWorld is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based platform and the world’s leading solution for global entity management and corporate governance.
Blueprint serves more than 2,200 clients and 250,000 users in more than 140 countries. Over 80% of the FTSE 100 and 30% of F100 rely on Blueprint to help them solve their challenges relating to compliance, data and document management, entity review and attestation, filing and institutional reporting. For the last 30 years, Blueprint has helped centralize all relevant data for the Company Secretary, Finance and Treasury, Legal and Tax, among others.
We are looking for someone to lead, own and drive the evolution of a market-leading governance/risk/compliance solution.
- Lead architecture and technical design for the next generation Blueprint product, and set the technical direction for the team.
- Serve as senior technical authority within the software development team.
- Work effectively with product management, project management, software engineers, and senior management to allocate resources appropriately, juggling tactical needs with longer term strategic needs.
- Take a hands-on approach to the entire software development life-cycle: collaborate with project management to develop project and resource plans / schedules; assist with day-to-day project management to ensure successful, on-time releases; assist the team in accomplishing all tasks; demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire product delivery process.
- Collaborate with project management and senior management to implement processes and metrics to insure the software development team is efficient and focused.
- Recruit a world class software development team, while utilizing existing resources as appropriate.
- Mobilize the team to effectively resolve major customer issues.
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence, while continuously elevating the quality and calibre of our software development organization.
Drive an agile and DevOps culture
- 10+ years in software development or software engineering leadership roles including predominantly SaaS product experience in recent years.
- Successful track record in building successful SaaS products within innovative, growth-oriented companies.
- Strong experience, expertise and capability in .Net architecture and database development.
- Management experience of multiple software development professionals.
- Ability to attract, recruit and retain high-calibre software development talent.
- Drive an agile and DevOps culture
- Collaborative and business-oriented approach and ability to build strong relationships and influence at senior management levels of the organization.
Diligent offers a strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including pension, Group Life Insurance and Income protections, alongside Medical Insurance. We are a casual but professional team, with this role working from our London office.