Senior Finance Officer
Senior Finance Officer
Location: Notting Hill (W10)
Salary: £28,500 Per Annum + Benefits include:
- 25 days plus 8 Bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Sports and Fitness Centre Membership
Hours: 35 hours per week
My client are looking for a Senior Finance Officer to report to the Head of Finance.
You will be the principal assistant to the Head of Finance and will support them in providing a first class accounting service. You will assist with the maintenance of the nominal ledger, sales ledger, purchase ledger and payroll and provide cover to other members of the Finance Team.
Areas of Accountability:
- Maintaining effective credit control procedures including the monitoring of grants and assisting with the collection of rental debtors.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile turnover per ledgers to management account.
- Maintenance of the ledgers and control accounts, raising of journal entries, correction of errors and effecting reallocations.
- Preparation of month-end management account journals and assisting the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assisting in preparing year-end audit schedules.
- Assisting in the preparation and collation of the annual budget.
- Training support budget holders in the use and implementation of purchasing software.
- Assisting and supporting the junior members of the Finance Team as necessary across a range of tasks including: the processing of monthly payroll and year-end reporting and compliance with PAYE and NI requirements; raising sundry invoices and collecting payment; maintaining electronic banking data and posting income to accounting software; preparing banking for rent and non-rent receipts; and maintenance of petty cash floats and suspense accounts.
- Provide holiday, sick leave and other cover required for other members of the Finance Team.
- To work positively in accordance with the Trusts Equal Opportunities Policy
- Assist with reserves reconciliation and transfers between funds.
- Maintain the organisations fixed asset register
- Assist the Head of Finance with IT management and projects
- Assist the Head of Finance with preparation of financial forecasts and cash flow projections
- Update Head of Finance on any internal control failures
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- A minimum of three years experience in a busy accounts department.
- A high standard of numeracy and some level of professional accounting qualification.
- Highly computer literate with practical experience of using computer spreadsheet packages including MS Excel and experience of using computerised accounting and payroll systems.
- Ability to follow agreed financial procedures including credit control, raising invoices, maintenance of nominal ledger, bank reconciliations and electronic banking.
- Excellent administration and analytical skills to prepare concise and accurate reconciliations and analyses of individual income, expenditure and control accounts
- Ability to deliver the highest standards of internal customer service through positive attitude to the role.
- Ability to work under pressure, effective time management, organisational skills and team working sills.
- A commitment to working within the Trusts equal opportunities policy.
- Experience of using Access Dimensions accounting software.
- Working towards a recognised bookkeeping or accounting qualification.
- Experience of property management accounting packages and rental ledgers.
- Dealing with complex accounting transactions
- Experience of SORP on charity accounts
This vacancy is being managed by Chen Chin at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you call follow us on Twitter @spearrec
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014