Personal Injury Fee Earner
Defendant Personal Injury Fee Earner - Merseyside
PQE / Experience: 2+ years’ experience
Commutable from: Liverpool, Birkenhead, St. Helens, Ellesmere Port
Salary: £28,000.00- £38,000.00
With plans for their further expansion our client are continuing to ambitiously bolster a number of their teams across their Merseyside offices. Our client is a Personal Injury specialist who are growing from strength-to-strength. As Investors in People Gold accredited members they provide personal and professional development on an individual basis. In addition they offer an extremely competitive benefits package which includes flexi time, over time, bonus, pension etc!
- You will run your own caseload of litigated and non-litigated Defence Personal Injury claims, including RTA claims, and pursuing Part 20 claims on behalf of clients when appropriate
- Handle Defence Credit Hire litigation
- Advise on/progress claims involving technical arguments such as indemnity/RTA/Article 75 Insurer issues, resiling from admissions, and pursuing non-parties to litigation
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant insurance clients.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay clients.
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to fee income, closures and issuing etc
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 2 years’ experience in the personal injury field
- A proven track record of running a successful fast and/or multi track caseload within a personal injury environment
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
- The ability to create and foster a "can do" culture to raise efficiency and productivity
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of Solcase or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues.
The next step
To register your interest in this Defendant Personal Injury Fee Earner vacancy, select the 'APPLY NOW’ option. Alternatively email Kelly at Realm Recruit.
Want to keep up to date with industry news, trending topics, and new opportunities? Follow us on...
LinkedIn: Realm Recruit