Relief Support Worker - Great Yarmouth
"Help us to lead fulfilling lives; take part in the activities we enjoy and to feel safe within the community".
We are currently seeking a support worker to join our team in Great Yarmouth.
You will be supporting three ladies who live within one of our supported living services. Some of their favourite things to do are craft activities; visiting sensory places; visiting their families and accessing the local community.
You will be supporting with day to day things like finances; household duties such as cleaning; and to prepare and cook meals that meet varying dietary requirements. Two of the individuals require the use of slings; hoists; stand aids; wheelchairs and commodes as they have limited mobility. You will therefore need to be comfortable in providing all aspects of personal care.
One to one support hours are extremely important for these individuals; as is staff who are patient; calm and able to understand their needs. This is a truly rewarding role where you can allow the individuals you will be supporting to grow; develop and enable them to take part in the activities they enjoy.
Flexibility is a must as you will need to be available to work across various shifts. Shifts are usually 4pm until 10pm - 7am until 4pm and waking night shifts who works from 9pm to 7am.
All the individuals you will be supporting have their own transport; therefore, drivers are an essential requirement for this post.
Job reference 11579
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.