31st January 2018
Project Manager - 1 Year FTC
NPL is undergoing some strategic change activities that are centrally managed through a transformation programme office. As part of this we are looking for another Project manager to join the team.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects of varied length (6-12 months on average) that deliver new capabilities and processes as part of an overarching transformation programme. This is an exciting opportunity to apply best practice Project Management to help coordinate the delivery across the portfolio as well as making links to other projects in the programme.
- Managing whole project lifecycles including schedule, cost and quality criteria
- Creating the project delivery plan of the proposed change activity in consultation with the project lead, end users and other stakeholders
- Proactively providing regular delivery progress reports to the internal customers
- Ensuring that risks, critical paths, milestones and dependencies of the projects are managed, controlled, reviews updated and communicated.
This role will suit people with some project management experience including planning, delivering to cost quality time within an environment including many internal and external stakeholders. A scientific background is not specifically required whereas a Certification to existing best practice project management methodologies is highly beneficial.
Experience and knowledge
- Proven track record of successfully managing the delivery of multiple projects or the ability to demonstrate the capability to do so
- Prince 2 certified (or equivalent project management best practice)
- Knowledge of MSP or experience of project delivery for a large organisational transformation programme desirable.
- Experience with IT transformations in particular HR ERP implementations is desirable
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High quality, clear and concise writing style
- Organised, self-motivated to produce high quality results
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS office including MS project
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.