Area Manager - South West
Stormfront is the UK's largest Apple Premium Reseller with 23 retail stores across the UK. A distinguished accreditation from Apple which means they recognise us as offering a fantastic customer-focused environment in which people can get hands on with the full range of Apple products.
Our staff are true believers in offering a fantastic service, backed up by a depth of knowledge and understanding of Apple products that can enrich people's lives.
Overall purpose of role
The regional Area Managers lead and champion their respective stores whilst assuming overall responsibility for maximising store success. The role holders will direct all operational aspects and drive sales whilst minimizing costs.
- The Area Managers must possess commercial acumen, in particular analytical skills in order to convert data into maximum profit and opportunities at all times.
- Minimum of 3 year’s previous management experience in a similar field-based role within the retail industry is a must.
- Able to prove an excellent working knowledge of the 'Sales of Goods Act 1979’.
- The Area Managers must be able to spend substantial time away from home in order to support the stores as required.
- Evidence of planning and organisational skills as the role holders will be required to effectively prioritise time between stores which require different levels of support and training.
- Proven accountability for the success of multi-million pound stores is a must.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular store visits (at least two visits per store per month) and forward the weekly reports to the Retail Director.
- Ensure effective management in all areas such as but not limited to; customer service, store operations, and loss preventions.
- Responsible for ensuring that stores uphold the highest standards and cleanliness of the front and back of store.
- Lead daily conference calls with your store management team in order to communicate and translate important business objectives.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily and tri-annual stock takes and forward reports to the Retail Director.
- Understand and support the store challenges which may range from IT issues to staff shortages, and keep abreast of updates at all times.
- With HR support and advice, manage the employee life-cycle for store manager hires to include but not limited to; interviews and induction process, reviews, disciplinary and appeal process (where necessary) and approving holiday with business needs in mind.
- Understand the requirements to be an APR and ensure that stores exceed those requirements.
- Monitor and track the prompt training of Apple compliance.
- Ensure stores are following the correct merchandising time lines.
- Set operational goals and expectations and ensure these are achieved through regular monitoring.
- In conjunction with the Retail Director, set relevant KPI’s and ensure they are exceeded in order to maximise contribution.
- Ensure all customer service initiatives are in place, and escalations are dealt within reasonable time frames and affected parties are kept updated at all times.
- Provide your team with a stimulating and supportive environment through training, challenging, motivating, encouraging and providing constructive guidance in relation to store operations.
- Monitor and track performance management, absence, attrition and engagement, in order to support the objective of creating a working environment with consistent first class service at its core.
- Present annual business plan to Retail Director based on your stores contribution.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Provide support to the other Area Managers whilst they are out of the business.
- Flexibility with work schedule is a must as work hours will be based upon business needs.
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- All expensed company car
- MacBook Pro laptop
- Staff purchase scheme
- Opportunity to work within a progressive, rewarded driven, environment with a premium brand.