Financial Accounts Assistant - Reconciliations
RECONCILIATIONS ASSISTANT, BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE,6 MONTH CONTRACT
Your new company
A large and complex railway organisations aims to link eight of our major cities and serve millions of people. Travelling for work or pleasure will become much easier - crucially between the cities of the Midlands and the North.
It's already beginning to boost economic development in the Midlands and the North, and to ease pressure on London by creating opportunities elsewhere. They will create around 25,000 jobs and fuel economic benefits worth over £103 billion to the UK.
Based in Birmingham City Centre - 5 minute walk from New street station.
Your new role
Financial Accounting are in the process of assigning balance sheet reconciliations to the rightful owners in the business, primarily to Payroll, HR, AP and Land and Property. This is to ensure recs are performed effectively by the teams that influence the transactions appearing in the recs. Part of the role is to ensure a smooth handover of balance sheet recs to the right owners. This includes supporting the owners and to help resolve outstanding issues and transactions. In addition ensure the processes are efficient so the recs are easy to perform and errors easy to identify. This may include reformatting the recs to make them more logical.
- Ensure an efficient handover showing the new owners the correct method to performing their recs
- Help resolve outstanding reconciliation issues
- Implement improved processes to ensure recs stay clean
- Support the new owners when they start performing their recs
- Ensure all recs are performed properly at year end with no recs that could cause audit issues
- Ensure the KPI reporting is updated each month with the aim to have all green rag ratings for each balance sheet account
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working with high volumes of reconciliations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a large corporate environment
- Ability to hit the ground running with advanced reconciliation skills
What you'll get in return
You will be apart of one of the largest railway projects in the UK.
Experience working in a very highly respected corporate organisation.
Receiving a generous hourly rate.
Quick access to the city centre,
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.