Control Systems Engineer
Controls Systems Engineer required for a marine engineering manufacturer based in Whitstable, Kent.
Our client is a leading marine loading arm manufacturer and has been active in the United Kingdom for over 70 years. They have a significant presence throughout the World, with over 60 employees and loading arms in service all over the world.
They are seeking an an experienced Control Systems Engineer to undertake the design and support of the electro hydraulic control systems of its marine loading arm projects.
- A background in the oil and gas industry would be an advantage
- Hydraulic system design experience essential
- Working with Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC systems as a minimum
- Working with hazardous area equipment, ATEX, IECEX and NEC codes
- Experience of SIL systems an advantage
- Responsible for the design and detailing of the electro/hydraulic control systems for the company range of Marine Loading Arms for the transfer of fluids and gases.
- Main duties will be review of project specifications, design and production of electrical and hydraulic schematics, field wiring and PLC programming.
- To attend pre-contract meetings and be involved throughout the manufacture, testing and commissioning phases of the projects. This will involve overseas travel.
- To utilise skills incorporating S.I.L, PLC/DCS communications, Atex / Hazardous area classification with familiarity of OCIMF specification and production of Bills of Materials – all associated with the Marine Loading Arm industry.
- To provide in-house assistance to electrical requirements and personnel.
- Liaison with Service Department / Field Engineers for fault finding / rectification.
- To be an excellent communicator and be able to represent the company technically and play a significant role in developing systems so as to provide a first-class service to our client base.
- Work with sales on proposal efforts including completing project scopes.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and / or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
Our client is dedicated to quality, equality and diversity. They welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities around them.
The company offers a comprehensive package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is going through positive development, with a strong future.