£excellent + great benefits
About the role
This role is looking for someone who can support the Fraud Management team in minimising the financial losses and negative customer experience associated with those fraudulent attacks directed against Vodafone, our customers and our MVNO partners. You will act as the first point of contact within the fraud monitoring team for mobile activities, support the end to end fraud monitoring processes.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a commercial fraud detection environment, with proven problem solving skills and the ability to develop, document, communicate and train new processes. Ideally you will have a broad understanding of mobile and fixed telephony networks, although this is not essential.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifies potential instances of fraud and systems exploit by monitoring the output of the Fixed and Mobile Fraud Management Systems, or by processing fraud referrals from other business areas.
- Conducts a detailed analysis of such instances in order to confirm fraud
- Uses analytical techniques to establish links between individual instances of confirmed fraud in order to uncover organised fraud groups.
- Identifies emerging themes in fraudulent activity and raises awareness within the team
- Manages customer queries and complaints by phone, email or from the Vodafone web site
Things we would consider critical for the role:
- Proven problem solving skills
- Experience in developing, documenting, communicating and training out new processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly (both written and verbally) and at a level appropriate to the intended audience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
Things we would rate you even higher for:
- A broad understanding of mobile and fixed telephony networks and Vodafone products and services (desirable)
- Proficient in Oracle/Teradata SQL (desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant Vodafone IT systems and processes (desirable)
- Experience in a commercial fraud detection environment (desirable)
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of? Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.