Senior Accounts Payable Assistant
The main activities are to process purchase invoices and employee expenses using the Sage X3 accounting system, and to create bank payments ready for approval. The position is a fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.
- Ensure that purchase invoices are processed on the purchase ledger in a timely, accurate and complete basis
- Match purchase invoices to electronic purchase orders where applicable and follow up on any variances to PO
- Ensure that all invoices are approved in adherence to the NCC Approval Policy
- Review and process employee expenses in line with the NCC Expenses Policy Guidance
- Create payment batches on the online banking system ready for management authorisation
- Respond to queries within finance or from the business in a professional, appropriate and timely manner
- Manual and electronic filing of invoices and expenses
- Responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures in relation to security best practice.
Essential Role Requirements
The candidate will be:
- Well organised with the self-discipline to follow effective working processes
- Good time management skills and able to work to strict deadlines
- A good communicator in both verbal and written form
- An adaptable and effective member of the purchase ledger team and wider finance team
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working in a purchase ledger team
- Processing using an ERP accounting system (Sage X3 used at NCC)
- Reviewing and processing employee expenses
- Ability to manage a range of queries via telephone, email and face to face
- Previous experience of creating payment batches for an online banking system
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days, however, if you haven’t heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.
**** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ****