FINANCE OFFICER SALES LEDGER
FINANCE OFFICER SALES LEDGER
c.£19-£20k per annum + range of benefits
Orchard at the Heart of the Community
Orchard Care Homes has been running and managing care homes across the UK for over a decade. Our mission: To be the positive choice for residents, their families and friends, healthcare professionals and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Orchard is a leading adult and nursing care provider in the UK with outstanding success rate amongst its competitors. This is a highly commercial and fast paced organisation and as such we need a dynamic individual to conduct Sales Ledger duties, including invoicing, allocation and credit control of local authority debts based on a regional model. You will be responsible for up to 15 homes and up to 600 residents - working closely with Credit Control, Customer service, home managers and admins along with the wider finance function.
• Ensuring accurate and timely processing and production of invoices to local authority/NHS Schedules to best enable payment.
• Monitoring payments for local authority/NHS receivables and highlighting any issues to the Credit Control Manager.
• Liaising with homes and ensuring that resident’s data is maintained within core Orchard Systems.
• Monitor changes in LA/NHS rates and apply to the system.
• Gain familiarity of LA/NHS Contracts specific to region and ensure that conditions are being maintained.
• Early stage recovery of private/contribution debt.
• Maintain diary notes for any actions, contact or completed tasks.
• Build a relationship with relative head of regional operations (HRO) and ensure that matters are escalated where appropriate, encourage regular reviews.
• Accurate processing and production of private/contribution fee invoices within month end cut off timelines.
• Timely and accurate allocation of money against the residents account.
• Work with colleagues to provide a trusting, enjoyable environment to work in.
• Adherence to a clear desk policy.
• Improve quality of resident’s information maintained on core system.
• Reduce existing debt levels and improve processes to ensure that new debt is kept to a minimum.
• Managing workload effectively.
• Know your customer (LA/NHS), know when we’re due to be paid and act immediately if payments are not received as expected.
• Levels of debt are effectively managed.
• Consistent reduction in levels of unallocated cash.
• Fee changes (increases/decreases) applied in a timely fashion.
• High attention to detail.
• Team player with the ability to work effectively in a team structure to achieve a common goal.
• Credit Control/Sales Ledger experience preferred.
What we offer in return
By choosing Orchard Care Homes you are joining a progressive and ambitious group of care homes located across the United Kingdom. We are driven to provide the very best standards of care and quality within our homes, and to recruit the very best professionals to our company. As such we offer a competitive salary and range of benefits.