Are you interested in working for a market leader in a fast-growing industry?
I am looking for a Database Administrator to join an expanding team in Reading. I need somebody who wants to make a difference, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and most importantly enjoys engaging with other people and providing the highest possible levels of service.
You would be responsibile for
- Ensuring service remains available to all users by monitoring all Postgres/ Cassandra databases
- Assisting the DB Architect and Realistic Development team with configuration, implementation of new Regal functionality in a supportable repeatable manner, ensuring minimum of downtime for Production customer facing service
- Out of hours support of the database estate as required
- Completion of work requests via Jira as required
You must have at least five years’ experience within a DBA role and also have postgres knowledge, good Linux/ Unix command line knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot any issues using logs/tools in a timely manner, sound understanding of SQL structures and functionality, ability to write, wider understanding of emerging NoSQL and RDBMS technologies, familiarity with NoSQL architecture
After successful completion of 3 months’ probation period the following benefit will apply:
- Pension plan
- Employee Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme