Junior Merchandiser - Miss Selfridge
A BIT ABOUT US
Miss Selfridge is for women who seek of-the-moment fashion with a glamorous and individual edge. First hitting the high street in 1966 as the young fashion department of Selfridges, we've since grown into a renowned international fashion brand boasting over 330 outlets and several websites across over 20 countries. Miss Selfridge.com is a powerful digital outlet for the brand, receiving millions of unique visitors every month, with a quarter of these customers from outside of the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Junior Merchandiser to join one of our brands, Miss Selfridge. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Junior Merchandisers.
Your main responsibilities in an Junior Merchandising role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- With Buyer deliver a profitable department irrespective of fluctuating trends.
- Analyse trading patterns at a pace, going into sufficient level of detail to ensure appropriate action is taken to unforeseen sales reactions.
- Identify promotional / marketing opportunities for department and manages the process.
- Demonstrate views on current key trade activity that potentially impacts the brand.
- Guide team and agree dept strategies prior to Head of sign off.
- Operate an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for product lead-time - “Buying Calendar”.
- Develop a sound supply policy for the department, striving for consistent best practice partnerships. Foresees future weaknesses / needs and suggests possible solutions.
- Ensure effective distribution of stock to potentialise store and product performance.
- Provide accurate DC forecast to minimise costs and balance needs of business intake and despatch requirements.
- Display an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends and store performance.
- Oversee range development – ensures that the product reflects the departmental strategy, the range is without gaps or duplication, and that the season is logically and commercially thought through.
- Add value to the buying process providing an objective view for buyers.
- Plan best-fit product mix by market type and store type recognising diverse needs of brand outlets.
- Develops strategic range planning solutions to potentialise the opportunity that cohesive co-ordinated ranges in store give for sales growth.
- Plans correct level of margin enhanced promotional product to minimise risk and reduce mark-down percentage
- Defines and communicates a clear vision of the future – translates into understandable goals and targets.
- Builds a strong team who are able to react and trade at pace with a focus on succession planning.
- Provides positive leadership supporting brand / company policy / strategy and encourages others to do so.
- Develops skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork.
- Deals with personnel issues promptly and appropriately.
- Motivates team – gives recognition and praise.
- Act in pivotal role for teams and internal functions to co-ordinate projects and provide two-way communication.
- Build and maintains a strong and varied network of contacts. Communicates with all to achieve win-win situations.
- Market and Customer Focus – High awareness of competitors ranges.
- Strategic Awareness & Thinking – Ability to initiate new strategic direction for business and realise the objectives. Develop new ideas, consider potential outcomes and develop action plan.
- Manage Change – supportive of need to constantly update / change and move business forward, able to work at pace to deliver required changes and make tangible differences, initiates change
- Profit Focussed – skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas.
- Results Focussed – committed to making things happen, ability to juggle initiatives and talks to prioritise those that will have bigger impact on business.
- Problem Solving – ability to gather all key information and identify real root of problem quickly and then use creativity and realism to propose solutions.
- Persuasion & Influence – ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management team and Merchandise team that instils confidence, buy in to ideas and commitment to making things happen.
- Team Leadership – Provide clear business goals for the team, support and develop skills base. Recognise and encourage outstanding performance and manage poor performance effectively. Motivates and inspires team to go the extra mile.
- Trading Mentality – Ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to identify challenges, drive for results and track record of success.
- Range Planning Creativity – New/alternative range planning modules that incorporate visual requirements of EB’s and Solus stores.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.