We are currently recruiting for a Project Estimator to join a fantastic niche organisation based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
This fantastic opportunity is to join a company with a strong market presence at the forefront of interior styling within the hospitality sector. They specialise in the design and supply of furniture, artwork and artefacts to leading hotel and restaurant groups in the UK.
Due to their continued growth, the position has become available.
Reporting to The General Manager of our successful and rapidly expanding Furniture team; You, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for planning and scheduling the purchasing, manufacturing and the supply of a wide range of bespoke furniture.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Costing all elements of materials and activity, taking into account operating costs, to produce estimates on which to base and pursue a profitable and successful business strategy.
- To ensure purchasing and procurement strategies and procedures are followed and strictly adhered to, with adequate records and information recorded and easily available.
- To manage and refine established working practices that control the flow of work through the business ensuring all qualitative and quantitative targets are met or bettered
- Understanding and acting in line with, market trends, customer requirements to cultivate new suppliers keeping our company innovative and competitive
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers particularly key suppliers, understanding fully their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- A good understanding of business processes and procedures, in particularly control, is essential for this position.
The ideal applicant will have a flexible, enthusiastic, practical and organised manner with attention to detail and meeting time-scales being important to them. Establishing and maintaining accurate and detailed records and data, including sourcing and cost details, is a key element of this role.
Candidates must be able to use standard office software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. A good understanding of and ability to use the Internet effectively is essential.
You must also be prepared to travel and attend site visits.
A full driving licence will be needed.