Technical Buyer - strategic buyer / purchasing
Technical Buyer required for exciting manufacturing firm in Sussex. With a minimum 4yrs commercial experience within a technical buying / purchasing role this is a very exciting time to join an expanding company and purchasing team.
With demonstrable experience within a Mechanical Engineering or Automotive / Engine arena the technical buyer must have sound engineering know-how. IN addition, demonstrate competence with a mainstream MRP or Excel.
- Report to the Head of Procurement
- Plan and execute the build of purchasing, administration, procurement and supply chain to suit company requirements
- Involved with SQA functions and supplier selection
- Investigate the supply chain market and identify key suppliers to best cost without compromising quality. Both in the UK and in Europe
- Negotiate on-going and new contracts with suppliers
- Aim to continue to drive down costs with suppliers via adept contract negotiation
- Working with quality and manufacturing to produce best practice
- Liaise regularly with in-house design engineers
- Identification of opportunities and implement actions to achieve and drive efficiencies
- Solid engineering background, ideally in the manufacturing sector but must demonstrate ability to understand technical parts
- Minimum 4yrs as a technical buyer / procurement
- Ideally experience across production, procurement, purchasing / supply chain, buying
- Evidence of past achievements in NPI buying
- Understanding of design for manufacture and process engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Some travel required from time to time. Fully expensed
- Competent on MS Office and in particular Excel
Any qualifications in CIPS, APQP, APAP or other quality process beneficial.
The role would suit a Buyer, ideally, with experience of working with both small and large suppliers. This is a very exciting role & company! Opportunities for team lead if the successful applicant has the appetite for career development.
Client offer comprehensive benefits and good remuneration for the right applicant.
Please get in touch for further details of the role and company