Part Time Financial Controller
Do you want to be the first ever Financial Controller for a growing SME? Do you want the chance to implement new systems and processes and create management accounts from scratch? Are you looking for flexible part-time hours and to work for an employer that will allow you to choose your work patterns? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
Based in Central Leicester, our client have seen significant year on year growth since they set up five years ago. They are now in a position to recruit an experienced Financial Controller on a part time basis (20-25 hours per week). The MD is looking for someone to tell him what he should do so you can make the role your own.
You'll support with the implementation of a new system (likely to be Sage 50), create a new management accounting process and find a way to turn huge amounts of data in to useful insight.
The business doesn't have your typical 'glamorous office' or 'state of the art facilities' but they have seen impressive growth and are clearly very good at what they do.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Supporting with the implementation of a new accounting system and migrating the data across
- Implement a monthly management accounting pack for senior management to review
- Improve cashflow forecasting
- Implement KPIs to allow senior managers to make informed decisions
- Support external Accountants at year-end
- Turn data in to insight
- Balance sheet econciliations
- Be hands on with PL / SL (although invoicing is low volume and high value)
- Experience of working in an SME role (ideally as number one in finance)
- Experience of WIP beneficial
- Willing to work in a hands-on role (you'll be the only person in finance)
- Strong character (there are some challenging individuals!)