Transaction Monitoring Consultant
Our client, a prestigious financial services company are looking for an interim Transaction Monitoring Consultant to support the group's Financial Crime function to ensure the Company complies with legal and regulatory rules, guidance and industry best practice related to transaction monitoring.
Your key duties would be to:
- Carry out investigation into any transaction monitoring alerts as necessary utilising systems and liaising with the relevant business areas as necessary.
- Perform proactive and specific assessments utilising subject matter expertise, industry trends, emerging financial crime risks and data analytics.
- Escalate any transaction monitoring cases to the SAR team as necessary.
- Assist the SAR team to review, investigate and implement actions on Suspicious Activity Reports and allegations of Fraud.
- Production of management information and reports for senior management and committees on transaction monitoring as required.
- Work with 4MLD project team to implement a Transaction Monitoring system which will meet the requirements of ongoing monitoring of High Risk Clients, PEPs and Client Due Diligence.
- Help design, tune and calibrate transaction monitoring rules to be used for detecting
- Money Laundering activity across the Company encompassing the requirements of the 4th EU ML Directive.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Exposure to relevant domains such as Financial Crime Compliance (Fraud & AML), Risk Assessment or Quality Assurance in Financial Services, Banking or Regulatory environments.
- Good knowledge of EU and UK Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Legislation, FCA Rules and JMLSG Guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work on own or within a small team and be a self-starter.
If you are interested in this Transaction Monitoring Consultant position and have the relevant skills and experience, then please apply now.