Buyer required for 1 year fixed term contract for Port Talbot based manufacturer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for purchasing raw materials.
- Work closely with functional teams to ensure that goods ordered are fit for purpose and to the standards required.
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are processed in a timely fashion to ensure delivery schedules/supplier OTIF are met/exceeded.
- Carry out calendared tendering activities and evaluating offers prior to business award.
- Creation of robust supply contracts and review on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all documentation is managed and stored as prescribed by the Company.
- Supports Accounts Department with regard to the resolution of Invoice queries
- Assist with the maintenance of the supplier database.
- Actively promote and comply with corporate policies.
- The current supply base is primarily European, with additional sources based in China and the USA. Travel whilst infrequent will be required on occasions.
- Expediting order deliveries as/and when required.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) and practical experience of using ERP / MRP systems.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a business discipline (or equivalent) and previous experience in a similar level procurement role.
- Experience of working within a business with robust change control process
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- CIPS Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.