Buying & Merchandising Assistant
The Buying & Merchandising Assistant role is to support the Buyer and Merchandiser maintaining, or setting up new Suppliers, Brands or Products, managing product attributes such as Price, Status and Territory. They must collect all required information and ensure these are maintained accurately on the Wiggle internal systems. All information must be reviewed, maintained and accurate, to allow correct information on the product pages to the customer, and for WiggleCRC to analyse sales information to aid with future range change decisions.
- Obtaining Product Information
- Obtaining and Maintaining Brand / Supplier details
- Maintaining and improving product data accuracy
- Obtaining required information for Deals and Terms
- Obtaining and maintaining item information, images and details required to create and list products
- Managing product attributes as directed by Buyer and Merchandiser , including Price, Status, Territory, promotions etc
- Resolving Invoice discrepancies on cost prices
- Support the Buyer and Merchandiser with all aspect of category work.
The Buying & Merchandising Assistant is responsible for all product data, ensuring we have all the required information to set up new Suppliers, Brands or Products. They must work alongside the Merchandiser and Buyer in line with the product critical paths to obtain all the required information, and manage the product set up to allow ordering and listings to be complete on time.#
They ensure all detail on product is ready and in place to allow orders and for the enrichment of product content by the content team.
- Collect all required data from Suppliers
- Enter product data in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor and improve all product information
- Resolve Cost discrepancies
- Administer price, status territory and other product attributes as directed
- Enter deal / terms information accurately
- Support the Buyer and Merchandiser in any administrative tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Past retail experience is an advantage, as is a keen interest in the product category. Must demonstrate good organisational skills to work well under pressure, paying meticulous attention to detail. Strong communication skills essential, liaising with suppliers to obtain all relevant information, building strong relationships to ensure Wiggle are 'first in line’.
Good level of numeracy
IT skills essential (Word, Excel and Powerpoint minimum)
Ideally some experience with Oracle Retail packages
Able to demonstrate strong communication skills (written and oral)
Sound like a perfect role for you? Fantastic - please click apply!
We are for the #Goodstuff!