PCB Test Engineer
AOI Machine Operator - PCB test Engineer
- £20,000 - £22,000/annum Dependent on Experience
- Location: Rotherham
- Permanent, Full Time
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated skilled AOI Machine Programmer Operator - PCB test Engineer, to work alongside production management and as part of a small team responsible for all aspects of final inspection and test. You must have previous Experience of AOI machine programming and operation, skill and ability to remove and re-fit Surface mounted parts by hand.
Hands on experience of working in a production environment, and part of the final production inspection / test / rectification / rework activity.
Hours: 40½ hours per week Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm
Roles and responsibilities:-
- AOI machine programming and set-up (from CAD Data / Pick and place files)
- AOI inspection of PCB assemblies
- Rectification and re-work of surface mount PCB assemblies.
- Ability to carry out hands on rework of printed circuit boards, including SMT devices with fine pitched leads and leadless components.
- Inspection and test of finished PCB assemblies
- Work from schematics and BOM’s
- Fault finding and repair of finished PCB assemblies (to component level).
- Provide support and expertise to other inspection and test staff
- Support to the production management as necessary.
Skills, Ability and Experience:-
- HNC / HND or above Micro Electronics
- Minimum 5 years employment in PCB assembly industry.
- Able to use bench test equipment oscilloscopes / DVM / signal generators / PSUs etc electronic test equipment, along with schematics to fault find to component level.
- Ability to use hand tools and machinery with safe working practices.
- Competent with MS Office and MS Visual Studio software packages
- Able to maintain detailed service and inspection reports.
- Identification of process defects according to IPC610 standards
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality systems and procedures (problem identification, production feedback, yield analysis etc).
- Good Numeracy and Literacy
- Meticulous attention to detail In the first instance please email a covering letter highlighting your experience, skills and suitability together with your CV.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY