Part 147/145 Technical Instructor
This is an exciting new permanent opportunity for a Part 147/145 Technical Instructor reporting to the Training Manager in Luton UK, but operating across the TUI Group airline network. Following the development of a single Part 145 organisation serving the Group, there is an increase in training requirements for both Part 147 type courses and Part 145 continuation training requirements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced trainer that can help support the Group training requirements and develop other courses as the business grows.
The successful applicant can be based in LTN/AMS/BRU/ARN and must be willing to travel overseas regularly on business.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Group Engineering Training Manager you will be part of a highly skilled team ensuring we deliver training to meet the needs of TUI Aviation in a timely manner and to the continued high standards that are currently employed. You will develop and delivering EASA Part 147 type rated aircraft courses to Group airline engineers. Also you will be supporting the Part 145 training, for example delivering Human Factors/SFAR 88/EWIS/Regulatory training.
What we are looking for
- Experience in teaching Part 66 aircraft type training to B1/B2 requirements.
- EASA Part 66 Licence with relevant types.
- A good understanding of EASA Part 145 and 147 requirements.
- Strong communication, motivational and leadership skills.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- A flexible approach to delivery supporting a broad range of technical and non-technical courses including regulatory training delivery to support our TUI Part 145 requirements.
- A strong customer focussed approach to delivery of training.
- Ability to develop training material using Microsoft Word/Powerpoint or online methods.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
This role involves engaging/ developing/ maintaining relationships internally and externally promoting the TUI group and increasing the awareness of our strategy.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.