Software Engineer - Reading - circa £40,000-£45,000
Are you seeking for a new challenge in an established organisation within construction and geotechnical industries? If yes? An exciting opportunity has come up for an Software Engineer for a potential January 2018 start.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer with 3 to 5 years in-role experience to join a top team based in Reading on a permanent basis. This role would suit an independent individual who is passionate about seeing a product through from creation to completion.
- Software Engineering Degree (2.1 or higher)
- 3 to 5 years in-role experience minimum (preferably in a scientific or engineering background)
- Multi-Lingual WinForms Development in VB.NET (primary), C#, MS TSQL, VS2010, VS2017
- Refactoring, developing and extending legacy and new code base.
- Bug Fixing: Using debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to help us build efficient software that works.
- Technical advice to service, documentation and sales team on performance, operation, usage and diagnostics of our software suite
- Working within Distributed Source Control (Mercurial/Kiln Preferred)
- Working to Bug Trackers (Fogbugz for instance)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Win7+)
- SDK, API Integrations.
- Administration of Continuous Integration systems and related technologies such as TeamCity, MS Build Scripts and MSI Installers
- MS Test: Ensure the code you've written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests
- Any Geotechnical Engineering knowledge will be of notable benefit.
- WiX toolsets will be in use in the near future so any experience of these toolsets will be of interest.
- Some basic electrical and mechanical understanding will assist in using the machinery the software operates.
- Arm Based Development
- Android App Development
- DotNetNuke site creation, administration and modification
- Windows WebServer 2008, IIS, MailEnable administration
- Up to £45,000
- 28 Holiday days
- Pension scheme
- Occasional worldwide travel
Clients are looking to interview and shortlist shortly, so please submit your CV promptly for consideration.
Please apply with submission of your CV and Abs Valentino from our London CPE office will be in Touch. For more information and a confidential chat about the position, please do not hesitate to call us on .
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.