My client is looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their business based in Gosport, Hampshire.
Please be advised that there may be some working away as part of this role - to be discussed.
Job Purpose: The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful delivery of a variety of engineering Projects, as delegated by the Programme Manager. The PM provides disciplined, repeatable Project Management output, supported by a sound understanding of military, maritime engineering practices. This role is customer facing and also has a proactive business development requirement. The Project Manager is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum, ensuring the overall integrity and coherence of Project requirements, delivering successfully to Time, Cost and Quality.
Duties: The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Planning, maintaining and delivering effective projects, proactively monitoring and actively influencing progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensuring effective time, cost and quality controls throughout the project lifespan, focussing inwardly on the consistency of the project and alignment with the companies strategy, and outwardly on its coherence with customer expectation and specified standards.
- Facilitating and managing the output of individuals assigned to Integrated Project Teams.
- Ensuring the maintenance of sufficient resources and skills for required project activities.
- Managing communications with all internal and relevant external stakeholders.
- Managing risks and issues which may affect the projects' successful outcomes.
- Initiating training, skills development and recruitment requests wherever resource gaps in the project are forecasted or identified.
- Reporting the progress of projects at determined intervals to the Programme Manager.
- Proactive identification and exploitation of all new business development opportunities.
Skills/Qualifications: The Project Manager should have:
- Effective leadership, management, interpersonal and communications skills, preferably to a nationally recognised accreditation level.
- The ability to command respect and create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- A strong understanding of military, maritime engineering standards and requirements.
- UHF SATCOM experience preferable
- Knowledge and experience in the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Sound written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of Project documentation.
- Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP, PRINCE2, APM, Change Management and MoR.
- Proven experience of budget management and control, preferably with a working knowledge of the SAGE system.
- SECURITY - All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to DV level.
- All candidates will be required to adhere to core values and leadership principles.
The role is offered with a starting salary of between £42000 and £45000.
For more information please contact Claire Adaway or to apply for this role please upload your C.V. using the link.