Group Financial Accountant
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
People & Support Tribe:
Our tribe is made up of all kinds of teams from HR, PR and Legal to Finance, Internal Communications, Brand & Creative. Together we work with people across the business, extending a vital hand of support, help and guidance to everyone who needs it.
Our head office in Leeds city centre is our engine room. It's where deals are done. Where decisions are made. Where our Marketing, Digital, Finance, Communications and Creative role models do their stuff. The Tribe helps to support, guide and develop the amazing people behind our brilliant customer experiences, cutting edge tech, and industry leading business.
It's our brand that drives our proposition and makes us unique. And, our brand team work closely with Sky to ensure consistency and drive cohesion to provide our customers with an experience and product offering that you'd expect from a brand so closely linked to Sky Sports.
Vibrant. Modern. Fast paced. Our head office is the place to be. Join us here and put your skills into action to keep everything running smoothly, day in, day out.
Have a look at the People & Support Tribe video:2sgoGve
What you'll do:
- Preparation and review of the annual statutory accounts, including liaison with commercial finance contacts, assisting with all aspects of the year-end audit and working closely with the Group's auditors to ensure a smooth audit process;
- Involvement in variety of project work driven by the activities of the business. To work flexibly, share knowledge and collaborate, in own team and across departments to achieve objectives;
- Provision of accounting guidance and assistance on a wide variety of ad hoc queries, inclusive of complex and critical areas of accounting such as impairment testing, hedge accounting etc;
- Review of new accounting standards and rules issued by regulatory bodies, preparing updates for the wider finance team and implementing new accounting policy and disclosure requirements;
- Provision of accounting advice and financial due diligence on both corporate transactions and commercial deals, e.g. acquisitions, disposals, investments;
- Proactively implement and lead change across all areas of responsibility; and Manage, coach and develop junior members of the finance team.
What skills are required:
- ACA qualified or similar
- Experience of year-end audits and knowledge of statutory accounts
- Experience of applying IFRS accounting standards
- Good understanding of financial controls
- Good attention to detail
- Builds strong relationships
- Passionate to develop self and others to support career progression
- Looks for better ways of doing things, and proactively takes ownership to see things through
- Flexible and open to change, able to cope with a fast moving and rapidly growing business
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 700,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.