Document Controller - Construction
Document Controller / Administrator (Top 10 Building Contractor)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Document Controller / Administrator to join a Top 10 Contractor who have a focus on Design and Build developments ranging in value.
The role - Working as a key member of the team the main responsibilities of the role will be to coordinate all activities related to the document control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence.
Duties will include:
- Input document data into standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date
- Make sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
- Maintain the documents and drawings in the document control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project
- Organise, manage and file document receipts and distribution lists, project documents and drawings in conjunction with project and corporate naming and numbering procedure
- Issue and receive controlled documentation, log issues and receivers, and create general electronic transmittals to the project, customer and suppliers
- Scan documentation and liaise with external reprographics company
- Archive, retrieve and store documentation adhering to company standards and policies
- Check that all information complies with specified company formats, templates and standards
- Assist the document control team with the issue, receipt and tracking of all engineering and supplier deliverables through to close out and handover stage
- Assist with quality checks and audits of document databases, identifying and correcting any anomalies
- Endorse the corporate content management system ensuring business system continuity is met
- General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, quality checking of metadata and documents
- Maintain accurate registers and actions lists
- Carry out routine document management administrative tasks including document release and publishing, technical query handling, transmittals, filing, copying and local library management
- Ensure team compliance with project document control and project document numbering procedures
- Act as focal point for all team document management matters
- Effectively communicate document management problem areas to the project team where necessary
- Provide practical help and first line training support to team members
- Assist with the coordination of document management across the whole project including policies, protocols and practice
- Maintain and organise hard copy document masters in the satellite project library or archives
What are they looking for? - To be successful in your application you will need to have experience as a Document Controller for a principal contractor. You will be organised, methodical and a good communicator.
What do they offer? - You will benefit from working for a credible Main Contractor with a longstanding trading history in the area; the working environment is proactive, productive and
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however…we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.