Design Engineering Manager
Engineering Design Manager - Birmingham
We are looking for a Design Engineering Manager for a global aerospace supplier to be based in Birmingham managing established teams in Birmingham, Coventry and offshore.
This is an excellent time to join this world leader as the Design Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead a team of design engineers for new and existing products within an integrated program team
- Accountable for the delivery of engineering technical solutions to budget and schedule.
- Design and develop Aircraft Engine Heat Exchangers with associated components & systems in accordance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Manage workload and priorities within the Design Team relating to our 3 customer demands (Operational support, NPI & New Technology).
- Defining, delegating and reporting status of the work packages & tasks
- Leading and managing the engineering input into all the customer meetings including UK and Overseas for technical reviews.
- Manage PTC suite of CAD software & PLM tools.
- Manage team in any future relocation
Key skills and competencies required:
- Experience leading an engineering team in a matrix organisation
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of and confidence to challenge other disciplines e.g. Operations, NPI, manufacturing and quality
- Experience of monitoring and delivering a technical project plan
- Management or leadership experience of a design team
- Degree qualified
- CAD experience Creo preferred (or other high level CAD package)
- Excellent salary - negotiable dependent upon experience, plus full benefits package.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call .