Project Mechanical Engineer
Project Design role, Mechanical biased. The position is based near Lancaster.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company based near Lancaster
- Commission new equipment and production lines (with support).
- Develop AutoCAD skills to support the procurement of new tooling, and improved machine design. A good aptitude for engineering drawing is important, CAD skills can be progressed.
- Follow, analyse and resolve production issues; safety, quality, process, productivity, scrap FPY etc.
- Lead the management and interpretation of the data logging system (Data Manager Pro).
- Conduct laboratory testing, and produce test reports.
- Support tooling procurement and make tooling modifications and improvements as required.
- Become competent in the design of specific tooling.
- Initiate developments at the laboratory level and then scale up to production with validation.
- Contribute to cost reduction through process improvement and or material savings.
- Participate in and or lead root cause analysis, PFMEA, and focused improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent.
- Excellent technical skills
- Good engineering drawing skills. AutoCAD is a plus, or will be required to learn.
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual skills. Analytical data driven approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Highly motivated with evidence of ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Strong cooperative decision making, and teamwork skills
- Good organisational, planning and interpersonal skills
Up to £30,000 plus benefits