Finance Business Partner - Blue Chip, international business, to £50k plus excellent benefits
Our Client is an innovative leader in a dynamic and fast changing industry. Due to business expansion, they have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join their team to support one of the business operations. They are looking for a Qualified Accountant, who has a commercial mindset and who can see beyond the numbers, who can demonstrate exceptional inter personal and communication skills.
The business embraces a culture of teamwork, excellence and persona; career development.
In addition, they offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing internal and external training which gives you the opportunity to enhance your skills.
This role does require some travel, so whilst based on the outskirts of Cardiff, will work away 2 days out of 3. This can be managed flexibly however so does not necessarily mean that you will be away every week.
- Provides regular financial result summaries and recommendations to drive sound decision-making
- Evaluates business cases for investment decisions and tracks performance
- Leads business planning and forecasting processes
- Maintain capital in progress schedule to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor project status to ensure timely close out/capitalization of project.
- Works with senior Operations and Finance leadership to provide on-going financial analysis support
- Proactively works with internal and external partners, as well as business leaders, to aid in the understanding of financial results and measurement systems/metrics
- Works with project managers to provide analytical interpretation and summarization of results.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Project Managers and Operations Leadership and country local finance teams.
- Communicate as a subject matter expert for Project Managers on all topics related to Project Accounting, forecasting and spend management; including interpretations of rules around capitalization.
- Provides leadership and direction to finance analyst and accounts payable clerks
- Direct management of one analyst and responsibility for objective setting, performance reviews and fostering positive employee development and engagement
- Understanding and promoting the Group policy on treating customers fairly (TCF).
- Qualified Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) , Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA)
- Experience working in finance or accounting field within industry
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience of assisting in the valuation of, or reporting against complex projects
- Experience of leading business planning and forecasting routines
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Able to meet multiple deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Strong ability to build relationships, earn trust and partner with colleagues in multiple departments and geographic locations.
- Ability to perform with business process improvement mindset.
- Confidence and skills to interact with senior management on a regular basis.