Loans & Alternative Asset Operations Specialist
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Loan & Alternative Asset Operations Specialist to join M&G Investments and work as part of a team, which is responsible for the instruction and settlement of Leveraged Loans and private asset transactions.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
The key responsibilities of this position are to work within a team which is responsible for the processing, instructing, settlement and on-going life cycle management of Loan and private asset securities.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Settlement of trades including documentation, SSI’s, instrument set-up & payments on internal systems, trade deal tickets and settlement via swift.
- Assisting in the Second Check process.
- Full administration duties for a large number of funds.
- Instruction of full & partial capital repayments and monitoring.
- Responsibility for loan documentation which is held by our custodians including a monthly reconciliation.
- Calculation of monthly interest due
- Updating of internal procedures and assist with ensuring an effective control framework is in place
- Stock and Cash reconciliations
- Daily liaison with the Front Office, providing administrative support and to resolve problems and queries with underlying assets.
- Build and maintain high levels of customer service relationships with agents, Fund TPA’s, Borrowers, and the Front Office.
- Daily processing of rollovers, rate fixings, drawdowns and all aspects of the loans processing area within departmental guidelines.
- Review and clearing of any cash/stock breaks within designated timescales.
- Administration of Restructures, Waivers and Consents.
- Reconciliation and reporting of internal systems to counterparty and TPA records.
What we are looking for:
You will have experience of the following asset types: Bank Loans, Private Equity (Stapled to Loan and Debt), Real Estate Loans and Junior & Senior Mortgages. An excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential for this role, as well as the ability to work to strict deadlines, under pressure from both internal and external clients. You will have a range of product knowledge, including Bilateral, Syndicated and Structured. As well as this you will have payments knowledge (swift – MT202’ / MT103’s) and previous experience working within Loans, Alternative and Private Assets. Excellent planning and organisational skills are also required for this role, alongside excellent IT skills of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel. Effective time keeping is important, as well as being capable of planning your day to day BAU . You must be able to “hit the ground running” and be willing to put in added time and effort in times of busy periods.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.