IT and Networking Manager
We are recruiting for an experienced IT and Networking Manager and this is a group role with travel to all company sites within South and West Yorkshire, although the base will be at our client's Head Office in Wakefield.
Please be aware that a full UK Driving License is an essential requirement of the role.
Our client is one of Yorkshire's strongest and fastest growing motor retail groups (£48m turnover). Year-on-year record profits have funded growth and the company now operates 6 franchised car dealerships in West and South Yorkshire, with further developments and acquisitions planned.
As IT and Networking Manager and you will control and develop the company's IT processes and infrastructure, providing critical business support while steering decision making to continually improve the robustness of technology and systems, while minimising risk.
The Group have been through a period of investment and modernisation to adapt to the evolving market place. The IT Manager will be key in ensuring business continuity, efficient productivity, comprehensive security, and that the IT needs of the business are met as growth continues. As such, the IT Manager will benefit from ongoing training and certification opportunities.
Responsibilities as IT and Networking Manager
Reporting to the Group Digital Manager and Group Business Development Director, as IT Manager you will:
• Ensure that all client computers, network components (including printers) and telephones provide an effective and uninterrupted service to business operations, troubleshooting problems as they arise.
• Prioritise and perform hardware and software maintenance duties. Updating equipment / patching software as necessary.
• The business currently has one IT Support Assistant to support these duties which you will line manage.
• Utilise a ticketing system to provide technical assistance and advice.
• Liaise with external suppliers of hardware and telephone systems, and external software support. Purchase software licences and equipment.
• Manage the distribution of software licences, create users accounts, manage permissions, and provide access when appropriate. Ensure sufficiently strong passwords for systems are in place.
• Ensure firewall and anti-virus protection is in place. Implement appropriate spam filters.
• Ensure all business data is sufficiently secured and backed-up. Implementing business continuity, contingency and disaster recovery planning. Ensure appropriate logs are implemented.
• Be ultimately responsible for network security - finding and eliminating vulnerabilities.
• Help maintain web computers/servers and website security.
• Network cabling.
• Taking part in the network planning and the set-up of new car dealerships when acquired or built. Working to pre-determined timescales.
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant and new legislation e.g. health and safety, data protection
• Develop and keep up-to-date appropriately detailed records and documentation.
• Assess risks and take appropriate precautions.
• Write system scripts to automate work.
• Propose and implement new IT initiatives to enhance business operations. Possible areas include implementing Windows Servers, a wide area network (WAN), Active Directory, virtualisation, cloud networking, remote networking etc, considering financial and resource constraints.
• A formal qualification or certification relating to IT and Networking or equivalent experience.
• A good knowledge of all aspects within an IT infrastructure.
• A good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
• Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory and/or Exchange Server.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and a proactive team worker.
• Sound communication, support and troubleshooting skills.
• Relevant hands-on experience in workstation maintenance.
• Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Experience with multisite VPN and routing
• Experience of working in a business IT operation, ideally 3+ years. And experience producing thorough IT documentation.
• Hold a full UK drivers licence.
Depending on qualifications, experience and current IT knowledge, Cars2 will offer an annual salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum plus the use of a company car. All employees receive pension contributions and life assurance.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact det