A fast paced and varied Buying role. Primarily direct spend focused put with some indirect responsibilities required.
A great opportunity to develop your purchasing career.
A global manufacturer
- Manage a portfolio of supplier/sub-contract spends and develop a category strategy.
- Source new supply solutions and challenge existing suppliers to identify continuous supply chain improvement
- Negotiate and maintain Legal contract agreements for major suppliers/sub contractors.
- Benchmark Key suppliers/sub-contractors through the RFQ process.
- Conduct supplier Audits and supplier performance monitoring.
- Provide Purchasing Support for major projects to meet strict deadlines.
- Support local operational purchasing needs for all manufacturing sites within the UK.
- Implement and administrate productivity savings to achieve personal and departmental targets.
- Provide accurate timely, budgetary information, reporting cost movement variation to UK and Group.
- Ensuring schedule orders are kept to a minimum and are reviewed on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will come from ideally come from a direct manufacturing procurement environment. Whilst also taking a pro-active and self-motivated approach towards daily duties involved in the role.
Full time position.