Commecial Property Solicitor
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Undertake fee-earning to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency under the supervision of the Head of Department and the Directors.
- Assist in the development of the firm in line with the contents of the business and departmental plans.
- Process instructions in accordance with established procedure of both good practice and the firm’s quality system.
- Assist in marketing activities and maintain professional relationships with contacts, colleagues and referrers.
- Effect financial control for matters under your supervision in conjunction with the Head of Department.
- Supervise the work of any assistant, secretary or trainee reporting to you.
- Ensure the positive representation of the firm in all dealings with the clients and others.
- To be a team player and undertake duties which may be required of you in order to assist with the efficient running of your department and the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Providing quotations to potential clients.
- Obtaining full details from clients, estate agents and referrers.
- Advising clients with regards to the conveyancing transaction.
- Raising appropriate enquiries and considering documentation.
- Drafting correspondence and documentation in respect of a conveyancing transaction.
- Dealing with estate agents, solicitors, clients and other individuals in the transaction in an appropriate manner.
- Ensuring the transaction runs as smoothly and quickly as appropriate for the situation.
- Legal research where required.