Job Title - Management Accountant
Location - Eversholt Street, London
Rates - £325-£367 per day (subject to tax and NI deductions)
IR35 Status - In scope
About the team:
The Retail Team are responsible for all commercial contracts at the largest train stations in the UK, including restaurants, bars, shops, offices, hotels, car parks and advertising. The team develop new and exciting retail schemes within stations, such as recent developments at Birmingham New Street and London Bridge.
What you will do:
The provide proactive financial and management accounting services to the Property Retail Team, supporting business decisions and maintaining the financial control of both commercial income and expenditure.
- Provide business partnering support to the Retail Management Team. Maintaining key relationships whilst tracking performance and proactively communicating deviations from plan.
- Support the preparation of business plans and budgets, providing specialist advice.
- Produce and present period actuals and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers and adjustments. Issue reports and support budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
- Produce the period end business review pack and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results.
- Monitor and deliver the corporate governance throughout the function and review compliance with financial regulations.
- Model and analyse cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
- Participate in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support.
- Provide investment and project accounting services as required for areas of responsibility.
- Support the timely collection of business unit debts and payment of business unit creditors, and supply accurate periodic cash forecasts.
- Identify and manage commercial risks, including the financial suitability of new customers. Promote risk management in the function.
Your experience will include:
- Student/part membership (or equivalent) of the relevant professional body having progressed beyond the first stage of qualification, or possession of sufficient experience to fulfil the requirements of the role without membership of the relevant professional body
- Qualified Accountant or Finalist
- 3 years' experience within finance disciplines of Network Rail and/or external organisations
- Experience of working with business partners and providing analytical support
- Experience of Oracle based systems
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.