Paraplanner - Financial Planning
To ensure the provision of the highest quality research support to the sales function and the Company’s clients. This role involves being part of a close working support team, to ensure national and regional objectives are achieved.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the Company.
- Liaise closely with Consultant to gather all required research for production of advice following review, for a fully holistic financial planning service
- Gather and provide product, platform and fund research
- Prepare complex research, such as Annual & Life Time Allowance, CGT, Defined Benefit Transfers and Bond chargeable gains calculations
- Realigning risk profile
- Present research in line with company advice format
- Responsibility to keep technical knowledge up to date
- To identify and refer opportunities to improve working practices and / or risk management to enable improvements to be made.
- Working in a client facing team (three or more advisers), serving HNW clients and assisting with the creation of financial planning report in order to meet the client requirements
- Draft and co-ordinate technical documents and research for client presentations
- To develop/ maintain report, email, research note, report writing and communication skills to enable effective communications with the client.
- To undertake work of a project based nature as and when required to do so
- Possess 5 years recent industry experience
- Possess strong knowledge of pensions, investments, tax efficient savings and protection related products and services
- Good writing skills for both written advice and research purposes
- To understand and be able to apply internal and/or regulatory standards as specified in procedural manuals and handbooks.
- Possess sound understanding of fund research and demonstrate desire to keep abreast of industry regulations and change
- Hold the Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in Financial Services in a financial planning, research or technical capacity
- Possess excellent research and analysis skills
- Must demonstrate a proactive and positive approach to work and must be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Must have excellent prioritising skills
- Must be able to work to tight timescales and adaptable to changing demands and priorities
- IT skills including use of laptop/ desktop computing, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and database (CRM) management