Senior Internal Auditor
Our client is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join their team based in Bracknell. Main duties of the role include:
- Undertaking risk-based financial audits and business process reviews at the company's locations across the International region.
- Pre-audit planning, risk assessment and scoping.
- Understanding and documenting business processes. Carrying out verification and testing to substantiate balances and to determine the existence of controls and to evaluate the effectiveness of controls. Assessment of residual risk and determination of mitigating plans.
- Presentation of internal audit findings to local management in each operation.
- Supporting the application of best practice across the Group by sharing knowledge and process information.
- Assisting with the development of the department in order to optimise the efficiency of the audit process.
- Providing support to the Company on special audit projects (for example, this may include system and process changes or code of conduct investigations).
The ideal candidate will have audit experience from a public accounting firm within assurance, internal audit services or risk management and ideally be studying towards or qualified with the ACA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent qualification. Strong English written and verbal skills are a must and a second European language would be of benefit although not essential.
This role involves circa 40 to 50% travel to our clients key operational locations across Europe, including but not limited to, Budapest, Paris, Madrid and Rome. Any finalisation of reports and planning for the next audit will generally take place from UK head office.
Our client expects you to have strong financial accounting skills, the ability to document complex business processes and to identify and test controls.
You should be highly competent in defining and executing audit steps and techniques with a high degree of competency in the use of Word and Excel.
This role will ideally be based out of their Bracknell International Head office, however if appropriate, the role could be based in any of their major European headquarters.