Zachary Daniels Buying and Merchandising are proud to be partnered with the Channel Island's leading retailer on the recruitment of a key position for their growing business. Our client is currently looking for a Senior Merchandise Planner to come and join their leadership team and help accommodate and accelerate their substantial growth. The role will be be BASED IN JERSEY a beautiful location with a brilliant way of life.
- Provide clear strong direction and leadership to teams both on Island and in the UK.
- Deliver maximum store availability, business plan sales and profit targets.
- Deliver business plan sales and profit targets for all businesses.
- Help to build and implement seasonal business strategies at department level, ensuring all sales and profit opportunities are identified and exploited.
- Work closely with external UK based teams to build ranges in stores that reflect customer demand, emerging trends; budget and margin mix and represent the brand.
- Review the space in stores ensuring that buys are proportionate to space.
- Trade stock in stores to identify and optimise missed sales opportunities whilst managing markdown risk in poor performing departments.
- Manage markdown spend in line with set budgets.
- Suggest, plan and implement promotional activity for each brand designed to drive sales and profit.
- Produce periodical financial reporting benchmarking sales performance with UK LFL sales and local budgets.
What skills are required?
- A passion to exceed expectation.
- The desire to drive sales and profit.
- A motivated self-starter that acts with pace and energy.
- An ability to work on your own initiative.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and the ability to produce, probe and utilise robust and accurate financial information.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
- Ability to analyse data, identify risks and opportunities and implement solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both with colleagues and UK head office personnel.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. The role will be BASED IN JERSEY and will need someone to RELOCATE FULLY. If the role is of interest and you would like to make a lifestyle choice and move to the gorgeous Jersey, then please get in touch!