Job title: Systems Engineer
Salary: Competitive Package of £28,000+ per annum, dependent on experience (including benefits)
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
Department: Technical Services Team
Working hours: 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday**
Location: Blackpool Head Office FY45LZ / Field Based**
Voiteq is the leading provider of Voice solutions to the UK logistics and supply chain industry. We interface with customers' existing systems to optimise processes in warehouses using our software and voice technology. We have built our customer base, including many high-street brands, over 17 years. Voiteq is comprised of a diverse, creative and hard-working team wholly dedicated to high standards of service.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join the Technical Services Team, focusing on supporting, maintaining and developing resilient infrastructure and network solutions which are built into our customer and own corporate network. You will join a team of I.T. Professionals working in a fast-paced lively environment, the main function of the role is to implement and support I.T. infrastructures for our customers which form part of the solutions we offer.
Your responsibilities will include the administration and maintenance of the Centriq Group corporate network including software, infrastructure and backups. The Technical Services team focus on supporting, maintaining and developing solutions and resilience which are built into the corporate network.
As a Systems Engineer you will regularly be on site with our customers throughout the UK, therefore a full UK driving licence is required. In addition to this you will ensure all internal Centriq Group global infrastructure and systems are maintained, improved and recoverable.
Main duties include:
- Troubleshooting and resolving corporate & customer I.T. system issues including software, hardware and network problems.
- Administration of the corporate network, security, backups, telephony and disaster recovery systems.
- Design, configuration, installation and support of I.T. systems and associated software and hardware for both internal and customer projects.
- Research, evaluation, procurement, testing and implementation of new software and hardware technologies for both the internal and customer solutions.
- Organise and attend meetings on matters related to the IT operation, participating in discussions, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations.
- Produce and contribute to high quality documentation of customer I.T. systems, internal I.T. systems, procedure and processes.
- Support of all colleagues on systems problems or requirements within the business. E.g. Sales support, setting up of laptops, project support.
- Participation in the qualification, evaluation and implementation of new technologies for corporate and customer use.
Skills and Competencies Required
- 2 or more years commercial experience in a similar I.T. role
- Proven working knowledge of commissioning and supporting current technologies; including MS Windows, MS Servers, MS Hyper-V, Microsoft System Centre, Office 365 and additional 3rd party toolsets.
- Experience of commissioning and supporting IT hardware including desktops, servers, switches, firewalls and printers.
- Sound understanding of network technologies and principles such as VLANS, VPN’s and firewalls
- A proven working knowledge and experience with IT networks including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative both on your own and as part of a team and must be confident to question.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to interface with internal and external customers.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and remain organised while meeting deadlines
- The candidate must be well organised and have a proactive approach
- A good level of business English writing skills / grammar
- This role does involve working at height and in confined spaces so you will be required to successfully complete the relevant health and safety training.
- A full UK driving Licence
- A working knowledge of Avaya IP Telephony
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Basic PowerShell experience
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre including SCVMM and DPM
- A proven working knowledge of WLAN deployment design and troubleshooting
- Additional hardware or software vendor qualification’s in relevant technologies
- Any relevant qualifications or experience covering the above will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years Information Technology experience in a similar role