IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist – Tewkesbury
Salary - £25,000 with benefits
Leading independent, family owned business with over 300 employees is currently looking for an IT Support Specialist, to take responsibility for coordinating and controlling their IT Systems, including liaising with external IT providers and partners.
You will report to the Finance Director with the following responsibilities:
- To function as the business lead IT person
- Ensure adherence to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Manage and co-ordinate IT hardware for the Head Office and 5 regional depots
- Ensure 3rd party IT service and software providers meet SLA’s and serve the business requirements
- Provide in house 1st, 2nd & 3rd line IT systems support to staff across all sites
- Complete administration of all IT systems, ensure users have correct access, in line with policy, across all sites
- Ensure all systems and relevant technologies stay up to date and are adequately safeguarding the business data. Including cyber security
- Assist Financial Director in developing and implementing IT Strategy, aligned to the company’s strategic objectives, developing best practice and robust procedures throughout all areas of IT & systems
- Work to/within IT budgets
- Document the existing IT infrastructure and make recommendations to meet company’s future requirements and negotiate options with providers
Core skills and experience required:
- Relevant IT Qualification and proven experience in a similar role
- Able to grasp concepts and think creatively and to identify areas for improvements
- Ability to make informed decisions on a wide range of complex business and technical issues
- Experience of developing sustainable internal & external relationships
- Possess excellent planning and organisation skills with an eye for detail
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence at all levels
- You will be able to encourage positive supplier relations and build strong supplier engagement
- Trustworthy with a high work ethic and able to self-motivate and work independently
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.