About Capita | Local Government
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with over 70,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. Within the Local Government division, Capita supplies a range of services for West Sussex County Council and therefore has its own finance and management teams which are based in Chichester. This finance team has responsibility for all working capital, P&L and financial reporting requirements for services provided to West Sussex.
About the role
This role is part of Finance Team, which supports the needs of the Capita's West Sussex Partnership within Capita's Local Government team; and is also linked to regional and national financial processes and procedures. The primary roles of are to challenge the financial reporting and forecasting of the Business; ensuring strong financial controls and procedures are in place; whilst also providing support and advice to the underlying service lines.
Financial Management and Monthly Reporting
- Drive monthly service line reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system (Axiom) whilst ensuring they are stretching but achievable.
- Input into the production of monthly MOB reports within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance.
- Robust review and challenge of Work in Progress ("WIP") to ensure completion of income and recoverability.
- Manage the annual Business Plan process whilst helping Profit Centre Managers with the setting of stretching, but achievable, Business Plans and communicating this to the wider group.
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks.
- Provide financial support and guidance and training to Profit Centre Managers.
Invoice Processing (Accounts receivable and payable)
- Run exception reports and regularly monitor WIP and recoverable costs, making sure that income is complete and invoices are raised and issued accurately and on timely basis.
- Ensuring timely processing and appropriate approvals of supplier invoices as well as prompt actions around dealing with queries that have been escalated from a service line.
- Run regular exception reports, ensuring general house-keeping of project data is up to date, e.g. timely closure of completed projects.
- Provide support for changes made to services provided and guiding proposed changes into financial models and forecasts.
- Manage changes made to the underlying revenue and costs through the commercial change process.
Your experience will include:
- Desire to take ownership of processes or specific areas within the finance team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain what the numbers mean to stakeholders outside the finance team.
- ACCA / CIMA qualified, will also consider a studier.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture".
- Team player with "hands on approach".
- SAP experience would be very beneficial.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.