We have an exciting opportunity with a major division of a world leading business as their Procurement Director. Their operations cover a broad range of spend and services often technology led within Defence, Aerospace and Security.
They are undergoing a major change and transformation programme and are looking to procurement to drive commercial value across their operations and to significantly reduce costs.
They need a leader to drive and evolve major strategic changes which move the team forward in terms of its capability and influence. They want a fresh approach from someone who can blend new ideas and make the pragmatic changes needed to transform the team.
Critical is to drive a collaborative business partner approach so procurement becomes a trusted advisor across all functions. The role include a significant element of services and ensuring supply chain delivery. Ensuring suppliers meet or exceed price, delivery and service metrics is critical.
Their aim is to create a world class procurement function.
You will need to be:
- A Proven leader within procurement and supply chain
- Have proven people management experience of large teams covering directs and indirects / services and supply chain
- Managed major change or transformation programmes
- Driven significant commercial and cost benefits at pace
- Able to simplify processes and policy and organisational structures
- Experienced operator at board level able to influence and gain buy in and increase collaboration between departments
- Strong programme / project management skills
- Broad procurement and supply chain experience across a number of sectors and areas of spend. Able to use the learning and adopt it to new environments successfully.
- Have managed and influenced significant levels of spend
Please apply directly in the first instance by sending your CV and preferably a cover letter.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have not heard back within 10 days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.