Job Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Excellent starting salary (higher than local average) plus a superb company benefits package
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with an early finish on a Friday
Due to sustained business growth, a leading manufacturing company in Poole is seeking to add a Buyer to their Procurement team. This position will see you work with a talented team of Procurement specialists purchasing all supplies, equipment and materials for day to day manufacturing requirements and specific customer projects.
This company has a long and established history within the area and is well renowned around the world for their innovative product range and designs.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing of supplies, equipment and materials in line with manufacturing requirements.
- Liaising with departmental leads regarding purchasing requisitions, requests for quotation and purchase orders
- Expediting purchase orders ensure timely receipt of goods and services
- Ensure correct stock level checks are administered and carried out as per purchasing requirements
- Be responsible for sourcing new suppliers and products, vendor checking, negotiating all contracts, pricing and supplier management and revues
Our ideal candidate will:Possess previous Buying, Purchasing, and Procurement experience ideally within a Manufacturing, Engineering or Production environment.Be someone who has the drive & determination to achieve positive resultsDemonstrable negotiating and influencing skills, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, a desire to work for an aspiring, fast paced and expanding company.Have experience of using an ERP / MRP system.Be computer literacy including competence in Microsoft packages.Either hold CIPS qualifications or have an interest in the future to achieve Procurement qualifications Be seeking to achieve a rewarding